Coronavirus – COVID19
Air Medical Transport Safety Update
As healthcare providers, we all must take special precaution as it relates to COVID-19. Commercial travel and tourism is down but healthcare workers still manage to treat and care for those in need. At Angel MedFlight, our mission remains the same-- 24/7 availability to meet the medical transport needs of your patients.
We want to take this opportunity to outline what you can expect from Angel MedFlight. If commercial travel is in question for your patients, call our team of dedicated experts. We will identify medical flight coverage and ensure seamless, appropriate transport.
1. We continue to operate as usual. Our 24/7 call center remains open. If you have a patient in need of a medical flight, please do not hesitate to call us.
2. Many facilities have instituted guidelines for inbound patient transfers.We keep up-to-date and comply with all federal and local guidelines as well has individual hospital protocols.
3. Given the fluidity of COVID-19 precautions, we remain flexible on departure and arrival times for patient transports.
ALL OF US TOGETHER. SUPPORTING ALL OF YOU.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
1. We are following the guidance and recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), including Travel Health Notices;
a. Our patients are screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and any other airborne illness by our lead clinicians pre-flight, at bedside, and during patient transport.
b. Our medical teams are equipped with personal protective equipment in the event precautions are necessary for themselves, patients, or traveling companions.
2. We share information with both sending and receiving healthcare facilities, ensuring strong lines of communication are open and transports are completed safely.
Our mission, vision, and core values are squarely focused on patient care. We as healthcare professionals must stand tall for all those that we serve - now more than ever - while also exercising common sense practices and respecting local and federal government recommendations.
If you have any questions on whether a patient should be transported please call us. Our team is ready to discuss all concerns you may have.